Vegetable & Bean Balti Recipe
Serve it up with rice and this vegetarian curry dish makes a fantastic meal for the whole family. Its low in calories and even has over 4 of your 5 a day!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 271
- ½ medium onion
- 6g garlic
- 40g ginger root
- 45g red chilli peppers
- 300g white potatoes
- 150g carrots
- 150g caulifower
- 150g whole green beans
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 5g ground garam masala
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 235g tinned cannellini beans
- 150g low fat natural yoghurt
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and slice the onions, garlic and ginger. Deseed and finely slice the chilli. Peel and dice the potatoes and carrots, break the cauliflower into florets, top and tail the green beans.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan add the onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger, cumin, coriander and garam masala and cook, stirring continuously for a further minute.
- Add the potatoes and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the cauliflower and green beans and continue to cook in the same way for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bring the pan to simmering point, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, if the curry becomes too dry add a little water.
- Add the cannellini beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the yoghurt.
Serve with rice.
|Fruit & Veg||4.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!