Tomato & Bean Supper Recipe
This recipe is simple to make and low in calories. It provides you with nearly all of your 5 a day and is full of protein; serve with mash potato and its sure to keep you full all evening
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 276
- 454g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 64g Celery, Raw, Trimmed, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 150g Shallots, Raw, Average
- 400g Beans, Cannellini, Tesco
- 1 Can Drained/260g Beans, Borlotti, Canned
- 30ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 80g Watercress, Raw, Trimmed, Average
1. Peel tomatoes - cut a cross in bottom of tomato and place in a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, let them cool slightly then peel off the skins.
2. Chop the celery, peel and finely chop the garlic and shallots.
3. Drain beans and keep 6 tablespoonfuls of liquid.
4. Heat olive oil in large pan, add chopped celery, garlic and shallots and cook gently for about 5 minutes until onions have started to brown.
5. Add the tomato flesh and the reserved liquid to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the beans to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes or until the beans are hot.
7. Stir in the watercress and serve hot.
|Fruit & Veg||4.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!