Three Bean Chilli Recipe
Leave the meat tonight and try this healthy vegetarian three bean chilli. Delicious served with rice, or a jacket potato to make a complete meal the whole family will enjoy. M
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 171
- ½ medium onion
- 2 green peppers
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 4g brown sugar
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can cannelini beans, drained
- 1 can flageolet beans, drained
- Chop the onions and peppers, slice the mushrooms, and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently stir-fry the onion, peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and chilli powder, and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, sugar and beans.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with rice.
|Fruit & Veg||3.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!