Roasted Tofu with Satay Sauce Recipe
You either love tofu, or you’ve never had good tofu. Try this marinated tofu with satay sauce and try not to go back for more! Serve with rice and enjoy!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
2 hrs 15 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 471
- 1 Pack/250g Tofu, Average
- 3 Cloves/9g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Sauce, Soy, Average
- 30ml Rice Wine, Sake, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Vinegar, Wine, Rice, Average
- 60g Peanut Butter, Smooth, Average
- 150ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 30g Coconut, Creamed, Average
1. Cube the tofu and place in a shallow bowl.
2. Mix together the soy sauce sherry/vegan wine, vinegar and one third of the garlic. Pour over tofu, stir gently, then let marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 200°C(400°F, Gas Mark 6)
4. Drain tofu, reserving marinade. Put the tofu on a lightly oiled baking sheet, in a single layer and roast in the top part of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until browned.
5. Put the peanut butter into a small pan with the reserved marinade and water and heat gently, stirring, until smooth. Stir in the creamed coconut. Season with salt.
Serve the hot tofu cubes with the satay sauce.
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!