Roasted Carrot Houmous Recipe
Perfect for in a sandwich or on toast, this roasted carrot humous is a great addition to any lunch or dinner! It’s also a great low carb, low calorie dip for carrot or cucumber sticks – the perfect snack!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 211
- 300g carrots
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ x 250g can chick peas in water
- 1 tbsp Tahini paste
- 50ml water
- ½ lemon, juice only
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Toss the prepared carrots in 2 tbsp of olive oil and season, then spread onto a baking tray and roast for 40 minutes, until the carrots are tender to the touch.
- Puree the roasted carrots.
- Add the cumin, chickpeas, Tahini paste, water and lemon juice and blend in 30 second bursts until the desired texture is achieved.
- Spoon into a serving dish, garnish with the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Delicious served with toasted pitta bread or vegetable crudites.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!