Roasted Aubergine Lasagne with Spinach Pesto Recipe
By the wlr team
If you like lasagna why not try this vegetarian twist on it? Replacing pasta for aubergine slices means this lasagna is packed full of vegetables and super healthy. To keep it vegetarian, skip the parmesan and replace with a vegetarian alternative.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 55 mins
- Calories: 722
- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g tofu
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 250g pasta sauce for lasagne
- 70g mozzarella
- 200g spinach
- 25g fresh parsley
- 1g dried basil
- 3g garlic
- 10g pine nuts
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsps/15g Cheese, Parmesan, Grated, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Table, Average
- 2g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Steam the spinach for a minute. Squeeze out moisture and put in a processor with the parsley, basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, seasoning. Whizz till smooth.
- Arrange the aubergine slices on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with oil and season, and bake until tender and browning on the edges, turning once ( about 10 minutes in total).
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170c/325F/gas mark 3.
- Crumble the tofu in a bowl and add the parsley and Parmesan. Mix well.
- Take a small baking dish. Spread the bottom with a thin layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of aubergine slices.
- Put half the tofu mixture over this, then half the pesto. Repeat.
- Finish with tomato sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until it's bubbling.
- Remove and wait for 15 minutes before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||3.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!