Quorn Veggie Bolognese Recipe
By the wlr team
A veggie twist on this classic Italian dish. Great served with pasta or jacket potatoes this Bolognese is low in calories and a great dish to make for friends or family as it makes 6 portions.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 195
- 50g mushrooms
- 90g onion
- 72g carrots
- ½ medium yellow pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- ½ medium red pepper
- 64g celery
- 87g frozen vegetarian beef mince
- 30ml olive oil
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 32g tomato puree
- 2 tbsp garlic puree
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 300g pasta sauce
- Turn the grill on to high.
- Wipe and slice mushrooms.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and carrots.
- Prepare the peppers and celery and finley chop.
- Prepare Quorn mince as per packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large pan; and add chopped vegetables to pan to soften.
- After letting your vegetables sauté for about 5 minutes, add the chopped tomatoes with all juices. Stir for a few minutes and squeeze in tomato and garlic puree while continuing to stir. Add in a little black pepper.
- Add Quorn mince to pan and let simmer (add a little water to pan if required).
- Let this simmer for about 20 minutes, add in some pasta sauce to thicken and bring to a slow simmer once more.
Serve over pasta or baked potatoes and enjoy! This can be kept in a closed pan for a day or so, or frozen in small portions to enjoy any time.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||3.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!