Pizza Toast Recipe
By the wlr team
Have something other than a sandwich for your lunch today; this pizza bread is a great low calorie vegetarian option. Add any toppings just as you would with normal pizza.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 356
- 2 medium slices wholemeal bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 20g low fat spread
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 25g low fat cheddar cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Toast the bread in the toaster or under the grill.
- Cut the clove of garlic in half and rub over the toast.
- Spread the margarine over the toast.
- Slice the tomatoes finely and put on top of the toast.
- Season with the salt and pepper and sprinkle on the herbs.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the top.
Either grill until the tomatoes are soft and the cheese is melted or pop into the oven for 15 minutes at 200°C (400°F, Gas Mark 6). It is also tasty garnished with basil or rocket and you could add ham if you eat meat.
|Fruit & Veg||3.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!