Pie, Aduki Bean Recipe
By the wlr team
This low calorie, low fat pie uses mashed potato instead of pastry. The filling provides you with half of your 5 day and is full of fresh veg and protein packed beans.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 185
- 500g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 250g button mushrooms
- 80g celery
- 100g red onion
- 2 can aduki beans
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 dried basil
- 12g vegan bouillon powder
- 150ml water
- 350g vivaldi potatoes
- 50g low fat natural yoghurt
- 20g light margarine
- Chop up all fresh veg and fry in spray oil over a medium heat until soft but not brown.
- Add the crushed garlic and dried herbs and stir for 1 min.
- Add the washed aduki beans and stir for 1 min.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir in.
- Pour in the Bouillon stock mixed with the water and stir.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat gently until the sauce thickens (about 20 - 30 mins) While you are doing this boil the potatoes for your mash topping.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, drain them, add the butter and yoghurt and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Pour the thickened mixture into a pirex dish and cover with the mashed potato.
- Top with grated cheese evenly.
- Place in the oven on a medium heat for 15 - 20 mins until the cheese melts and the inside is bubbling slightly.
Serve with a fresh salad or steamed beans. Yummy!
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!