Open Cheese & Onion Pie Recipe
This open pie dish could be served as either a lunch or dinner with a big fresh salad and some fat free dressing, if you have calories available! This recipe can also be adapted by adding mushrooms, bacon, and other ingredients if you want to add a little more to the pie!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 301
- 100g plain flour
- 50g margarine
- 30ml water
- 100g red onion
- 100g reduced fat mature Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Make up the shortcrust pastry:
Rub the margarine into the flour, using your fingertips, until it resembles breadcrumbs
Add the cold water a little at a time and start to mix together
Mix to form a firm, smooth dough
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface.
- Grease a 7" baking tin, then line it with the shortcrust pastry (Trim off the excess pastry) a removable bottom tin will help when its cooked to remove easily!
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Grate the cheese.
- Sprinkle the onion and cheese over the pastry base.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a jug add a pinch of black pepper and mixed herbs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry shell.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
|Fruit & Veg||0.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!