Homely Broccoli & Mushroom Pasta Bake
By the wlr team
This recipe is high fibre and low in fat so why not try something a little different with this vegetarian pasta bake? Great for sharing with family and friends or scale it down and make a single portion and enjoy it yourself.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 379
- 227g broccoli
- 454g mushrooms
- 4 serves wholewheat conchiglie pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 10g plain flour
- 284ml skimmed milk
- 25g caerphilly cheese
- 44g seeded bread
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Cut broccoli head into small florets, cut mushrooms into quarters and steam for 10 minutes.
- Put the pasta on to cook through.
- Put 1 tbsp butter in pan and melt gently, mix in 1 tbsp plain flour. Very slowly mix in the milk 1 tbsp at a time until all is mixed in smoothly, do not add it quickly or sauce will go lumpy. Once all the milk is mixed in put back on a medium heat and add keep stirring till thickened.
- Add cheese to sauce and mix in, season to taste. Don't worry if cheese doesn't fully melt.
- Once pasta and steamed veg is cooked then mix them together in a large mixing bowl with the sauce.
- Rip a peice of bread into small chucks and put it into a blender and blend for a minute to get breadcrumbs.
- Pour the pasta mix into a casserole dish and cover the top with a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Double or even triple this recipe to make a big batch, then freeze for later use.
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!