Indian Style Tofu Recipe
By the wlr team
Take a break from meat and try this amazingly filling vegetarian dish! With almost all of your 5 a day incorporated it’s sure to fill you up for the evening. Serve up with cauliflower cous cous or rice, whichever you prefer!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 500
- 500g frozen spinach
- 90g onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1g ground ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g soy yoghurt
- 1g curry powder
- 2.5g Garam Masala
- 400g Tofu
- 100g cauliflower
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Thaw and drain the spinach.
- Gently cook the onion, garlic and ginger in 1 tbsp olive oil till the onion is translucent.
- Whizz the spinach and yoghurt in a processor till smooth.
- Add the curry and garam masala to the mixture in the pan. Stir in the spinach/yoghurt mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes or until all remaining liquid has disappeared.
- Fry the tofu cubes in the remaining oil till golden brown. Add to the spinach mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whizz the cauliflower in a processor till it’s in fine grains that look like cous cous. Put the vegetable stock in a saucepan, and steam the cauliflower for 5 minutes max.
- Serve the tofu over the cauliflower.
N.B. You can use the cauliflower cous cous in other dishes of course.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||4.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!