Chunky Vegetable Chilli Recipe
Ditch the meat and try this vegetarian chilli for a change, its low in calories and a great meal for all the family. Serve with either a jacket potato or rice.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 168
- 1 medium red pepper
- 100g courgette
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 100g button mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g passata
- 1 can tomatoes with chilli
- 1 can mixed bean salad
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Cut all the vegetables into chunks, as small or large as you like.
- Put the olive oil into a deep frying pan or saucepan and heat moderately.
- Add the fresh vegetables and brown off for approx 5 mins, or until semi-soft. Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Add the passata and mix through and heat for another 5 mins.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and mixed bean salad.
- Add the chilli powder as required for personal preference!
- Simmer the chilli for approx 25 mins, serve on a small bed of rice or pasta. Enjoy!
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||4.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!