Cauliflower Steaks with Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Peas
By the wlr team
Try something different with these cauliflower steaks. Really simple and easy to make this dish is sure to please anyone looking for a creative new vegetarian meal.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 487
- 2 slices cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 250g sweet potato
- 85g frozen peas
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Place two saucepans on the stove.
- Cut two thick slices out of the cauliflower and place on a lined baking tray.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, chilli flakes, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Brush half the mixture on the cauliflower and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel and slice the sweet potatoes, place in one of the saucepans, cover with water and bring to the boil until tender.
- Flip the cauliflower, brush with the rest of the oil mix and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- In the second saucepan boil the peas for 4-5 minutes
- Mash the sweet potatoes and serve with boiled peas and 2 cauliflower steaks.
|Fruit & Veg||6.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!