Cannellini Bean Stew
This bean stew is so easy to make and full of flavour. This protein packed dish is perfect for batch cooking and reheating later on.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 483
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ carrot
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 vegetable stock cubes
- 250ml water
- 1 x 200g can cannellini beans
- 1 thick slice wholemeal bread
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Chop onion, garlic, and carrot.
- Add onion, garlic and olive oil in a large saucepan and cook until tender. Add carrot and stir, add a splash of water if they're starting to stick.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaves and 250ml of stock. Mix thoroughly then add the beans, bring to a boil then reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Serve with a thick slice of bread to mop up leftover sauce.
|Fruit & Veg||9.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!