Brown Lentils with Spinach Recipe
The perfect meal to cook if you fancy a vegan/vegetarian dish and it’s so quick and easy to make! This low calories dish can be served with rice or a side salad, providing you have the calories spare!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 310
- 150g dried green or brown lentils
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 15ml olive oil
- 10ml fresh lemon juice
- 25g low fat Greek style yoghurt
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Boil the lentils, with a little salt and any desired spices (e.g. dried chili) in plenty of water, until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, chop the spinach and basil.
- When cooked, drain the lentils and replace in the pan, drizzled with a little olive oil.
- Mix in the majority of the chopped spinach and basil.
- Serve, with a little of the saved chopped spinach and basil, a squeeze of lemon juice and a large dollop of Greek yoghurt.
|Fruit & Veg||1.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!