Broad Bean Pate
By the wlr team
The humble broad bean makes a low calorie vegetarian alternative to meat pate that's just as full of flavour and super-healthy. Make the consistency a bit looser for a delicious dip.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 8 mins
- Calories: 192
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 900g broad breans (weighed without pod)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, ground
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Peel and crush the garlic. Half and juice the lemon.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then cook the beans for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain & reserve the cooking liquid.
- Place the beans and spices in a liquidiser and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and garlic, then add a little of the reserved liquid until a thick puree is formed.
- Gradually stir in the oil a little at a time, until the desired thickness of pâté is reached.
- Season to taste and serve with crudités or bread and a sprinkle of turmeric.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!