Bean & Veggie Chili Recipe
Who doesn't love a bowl of piping hot chili? Your gut will love you for this chili's microbiome-friendly ingredients. So yummy! Serve up with a crispy side salad, or some garlic bread, but don't forget to add the calories!
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 371
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 12g chilli powder
- 1.5g ground cinnamon
- 15g pickled jalapenos
- 9g garlic
- 22g baby courgette
- 1 medium red pepper
- 454g cooked black beans
- 1674ml water
- 1136ml vegetable stock, made up
- 8oz/227g Tomato Paste, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Sea, Average
- 454g white kidney beans
- 28g fresh chives
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 448g courgette
- Peel onion and chop finely. Core and seed jalapeno pepper and chop finely. Core and seed bell pepper and dice. Peel and dice courgettes. Chop chives. Set all aside.
- Drain and rinse beans if canned.
- Gather all other spices (oil, spices, tomato paste, stock, and chives).
- In a large stockpot, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute. Once the onions begin to sweat, add the oregano, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the remaining olive oil, courgettes, bell pepper, beans, tomatoes, water, stock, hot sauce, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until all vegetables are soft.
- If using dried beans, make sure beans are also soft. Add water if needed as it evaporates.
Serve hot and top each bowl with chives. Enjoy! Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!