Low Calorie Asparagus & Mushroom Vegetarian Lasagne under 400 calories / serving
Enjoy this low calorie vegetarian lasagne that’s always a hit with families. Between April and June you’ll find the best in season asparagus. Serve up with some crispy garlic bread or a green salad if you have calories spare! If you’re a strict vegetarian you’ll need to skip the parmesan!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 358
- 100g fresh egg lasagne sheets
- 200g asparagus
- 1 medium onion
- 3g garlic
- 150g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 30g fresh butter
- 50g plain flour
- 284ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g medium cheddar cheese
- 18g grated parmesan cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Place the lasagne sheets in a shallow heatproof dish and pour over boiling water to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes then drain and pat dry.
- Cut 2cm from the bottom of each asparagus spear and discard. Chop the rest of the asparagus into 2-3cm pieces. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion, very finely chop the garlic and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked asparagus and season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir in the flour. When fully combined, stir in the milk a little at a time. When all the milk is in, and the sauce is smooth, stir in the cheddar cheese. Remove from the heat when the cheese has melted in.
- Put a thin layer of the vegetable sauce in an ovenproof dish, spoon on some of the cheese sauce and cover with lasagne.
- Repeat in layers until you have used all ingredients, ending with a lasagne sheet with a thin layer of cheese sauce. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Serve with a crisp green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!