Asparagus & Mushroom Vegetarian Lasagne
By the wlr team
This lasagne tastes indulgent but at less than 400 calories a serving, you can afford to treat yourself to a slice or two of garlic bread on the side.
A nice big bowl of salad leaves with red onion completes the meal perfectly.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 394
- 250g (6 sheet pack) fresh egg lasagne sheets
- 200g fresh asparagus
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 150g mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 10ml olive oil
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tsp dried tarragon
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- ½ Pint/284ml semi skimmed milk
- 40g strong cheddar cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4
- Place the lasagne sheets in a shallow heatproof dish and pour over boiling water to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes then drain and pat dry.
- Cut 2cm from the bottom of each asparagus spear and discard. Chop the rest of the asparagus into 2-3cm pieces.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion and celery, slice the mushrooms and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion and celery, and fry gently for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until softened.
- Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes and tarragon to the pan, bring to a brisk simmer. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked asparagus, season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir in the flour.
- When fully combined, stir in the milk a little at a time.
- When all the milk is in, and the sauce is smooth, stir in the cheese.
- Remove from the heat when the cheese has melted in.
- Put half the vegetable sauce in an ovenproof dish, spoon on about a third of the cheese sauce and cover with lasagne. (3 of your 6 sheets.)
- Repeat with another layer, and finish by distributing the remaining cheese sauce over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
If you have some fresh herbs on your windowsill, sprinkle some over!
|Fruit & Veg||3.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!