Asparagus & Mushroom Lasagne Recipe
Enjoy this low calorie vegetarian lasagne that’s always a hit with families. Between April and June you’ll find the best in season asparagus. Serve up with some crispy garlic bread or a green salad if you have calories spare! If you’re a strict vegetarian you’ll need to skip the parmesan!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 358
- 100g fresh egg lasagne sheets
- 200g asparagus
- 1 medium onion
- 3g garlic
- 150g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 30g fresh butter
- 50g plain flour
- 284ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g medium cheddar cheese
- 18g grated parmesan cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Place the lasagne sheets in a shallow heatproof dish and pour over boiling water to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes then drain and pat dry.
- Cut 2cm from the bottom of each asparagus spear and discard. Chop the rest of the asparagus into 2-3cm pieces. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion, very finely chop the garlic and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked asparagus and season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir in the flour. When fully combined, stir in the milk a little at a time. When all the milk is in, and the sauce is smooth, stir in the cheddar cheese. Remove from the heat when the cheese has melted in.
- Put a thin layer of the vegetable sauce in an ovenproof dish, spoon on some of the cheese sauce and cover with lasagne.
- Repeat in layers until you have used all ingredients, ending with a lasagne sheet with a thin layer of cheese sauce. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Serve with a crisp green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|