Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
By the wlr team
This vegetable stir fry is full of delicious Asian flavours. It’s quick, low in calories and gluten free. Serve with some brown rice or find some GF noodles to really finish it off.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 208
- 320g frozen broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion
- 125g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium red pepper
- 144g carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp root ginger
- 18ml tamari soy sauce
- 18ml water
- 5ml rice wine vinegar
- 7g maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 15ml coconut oil
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Microwave broccoli florets for 4 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Slice onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, and carrots. Mince garlic. Grate the ginger. Set aside.
- Make the marinade by combining the ginger, tamari, water, white rice vinegar, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes. Whisk together and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high. (You may also use an electric skillet.) Add the coconut oil. Saute the onions for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper, carrots, and garlic to the pan. Cook for another 3 minutes.
Stir-fry dishes are great to make in the middle of the week when you want to throw together a healthy meal but are short on time. Serve with brown rice or eat alone.
|Fruit & Veg||5.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!