Vegetable Frittata - Gluten Free Recipe
By the wlr team
This gluten free vegetable frittata packs in 2 of your 5 a day and is low in carbs. You don’t have to follow the recipe, you can use whatever is leftover in your fridge.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 219
- 80g broccoli
- ½ medium onion
- 224g courgette
- ½ medium red pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 180g baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces and microwave for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Dice onions. Chop courgette and red pepper into small pieces. Run broccoli under cool water and drain.
- Heat a 10-inch oven-proof shallow pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until onions begin to brown. Add courgette, pepper, and broccoli to saute for another 2-3 minutes, until soft and moist.
- Add in spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes more, until slightly wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to rest.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and black pepper. Add the eggs to the vegetable mixture. Then place the pan directly into the preheated oven. (If you'd rather, you can transfer the egg mixture into a 9-inch pie or square casserole dish).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are well set and slightly browned. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
You can freeze each serving for mornings you don't have time to prepare breakfast. Just microwave, eat, and enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!