Vegetable Frittata Recipe
This vegetable and egg recipe is an easy-to-make weekend dish. Freeze individual servings for quick and hearty breakfasts throughout the week. Not only is this dish low calorie, it’s also very low carb!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 267
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 90g onions
- 80g frozen broccoli
- 74.5g red peppers
- 180g baby spinach
- 544g large eggs
- 1 courgette
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Microwave broccoli florets for 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Dice onions. Chop courgette and red bell pepper into small pieces. Run broccoli under cool water and drain; chop into small pieces.
- Heat a 10-inch saute pan or skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until onions begin to brown. Add courgette, bell pepper, and broccoli to saute for another 2-3 minutes, until soft and moist. Add in spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes more, until slightly wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to rest.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and black pepper. Add the eggs to the vegetable mixture. Then place the pan directly into the preheated oven. (If you'd rather transfer the egg mixture into a 9-inch pie or square casserole dish, you can.)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are well set and slightly browned. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
You can freeze each serving for mornings you don't have time to prepare breakfast. Just microwave, eat, and enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!