Vegetable Curry Recipe
Everyone loves a good curry and you’ll love this one even more knowing it has 4 of your 5 a day incorporated! Served up with a fluffy bed of basmati rice but don’t forget to add the extra calories!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 280
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Sunflower, Flora
- 2 Tsps/10g Coriander, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz
- ½ Tsp/2g Chilli Powder, Average
- ½ Tsp/1.1g Turmeric, Ground
- 1oz/28g Ginger, Root, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 200g Onions, Raw, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 1oz/28g Cauliflower, Raw, Asda
- 200g Potatoes, Red, Flesh Only, Average
- 4 Carrots/200g Carrots, Fresh Raw, Waitrose
- 45g Coconut, Creamed, Sharwood's
- 1 Pepper/100g Peppers, Green, Tesco
- 1oz/28g Peppers, Chilli, Green, Tesco
- 1 Sm Can/227g Tomatoes, Chopped, in Rich Tomato Juice, Napolina
- ½ Juiced Lemon/17.75ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 1 Glass/200ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
Method1. Peel and dice the onion. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Peel and crush the garlic. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Scrub carrots, peel the potatoes and cut both into large chunks. De-seed the green pepper and slice, de-seed the chilli pepper (if you want a hotter curry, leave the seeds in) and finely slice.
2. Heat oil in a large pan, add coriander, chilli powder and turmeric and cook for 1 min. Add the ginger, onion & garlic and cook for 5 mins more.
3. Add the cauliflower, potatoes and carrots to pan and stir to coat in spices, cook for 5 mins or so.
4. Mix grated creamed coconut with the boiling water.
5. Add coconut to pan along with the chilli pepper, green pepper and tomatoes. Add salt/pepper to taste.
6. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 mins or until veg is soft
Add lemon juice and serve garnished with fresh coriander.
|Fruit & Veg||4.0|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!