Sweet Potato & Squash Curry Recipe
By the wlr team
Enjoy this curry that’s filled to the brim with wintery flavours. The warmth of squash, apple and sweet potato means you’ll want to be making this low fat curry, again and again. Serve with rice or naan bread and enjoy.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Calories: 89
- 1 small onion
- 100g carrots
- 400g butternut squash
- 300g sweet potato
- 200g cooking apples
- 1 medium red chilli pepper
- 5 sprays low cal oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 pint water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2g dry ground garam masala
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the onions, carrot, squash, sweet potato and apple. De-seed and chop the pepper.
- Fry the chopped onion and pepper in the low cal oil spray and add the tumeric.
- Add the carrot, squash and sweet potato to the pan.
- Make up and add the stock to pan along with curry powder and garam masala.
- Add the apple to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The potatoes and apple will disintegrate during cooking and make the sauce really thick and rich.
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!