Stuffed Peppers With Cous Cous Recipe
Stuffed peppers are a great quick and easy, low calorie dish to make as a lunch served with a crisp salad, or a dinner with salad and maybe some skinny fries if you have the calories spare.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 327
- 5g chicken stock cube
- 80g cooked cous cous
- 30g button mushroom
- 50g red onion
- 5g pine nuts
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 10g Cheese spread with onion and chives
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Make the chicken stock and use 100ml of the stock for the cous cous.
- Dice the mushroom and onion.
- Add the remaining stock to a frying pan and fry the onion, add the mushrooms and pine nuts once the onions have softened. Add the parsley.
- Chop the top of your pepper and discard the seeds but hang on to the top so you can use it as a lid. Brush the pepper on the outside with a little oil.
- Mix the cous cous with the onion mix when cooked through.
- Fill the pepper halfway and then put the onion and chive spread in the middle and top up with the remaining mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approx 30min.
- Use a skewer to test if the pepper is soft and cooked.
Serve with salad leaves.
|Fruit & Veg||2.9|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!