Spinach & Squash Curry Recipe
For a great vegetarian curry, try out this beautiful spinach and squash curry! You can find the best in season butternut squash around October time, making this a perfect autumnal meal. As well as being super low calorie, this curry also only takes half an hour to prep and cook!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 138
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 30g Curry Paste, Madras, Average
- 500g Squash, Winter, Butternut, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 5 Medium/615g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 1½; Litres bottle/1500ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 1 Serving/80g Spinach, Raw, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
Method1. Peel & Chop the onion. Chop the squash into chunks.
2. Cook the onion in 1 tbsp oil for 5 minutes until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for 3 minutes. Add the squash, tomatoes and 200ml water, stir well.
3. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the squash is just cooked and the tomatoes have broken down. Stir through the spinach and leave for a couple of minutes to wilt.
Season and serve with basmati rice.
|Fruit & Veg||4.3|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!