Spinach & Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This spinach and mushroom risotto packs a punch with 3 of your 5 a day and it’s so simple to make! An easy meal to batch cook and save for later in the week.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 522
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 3 Servings/150g Mushrooms, Button, Raw, Average
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 140g Rice, Arborio, Dry, Average
- 150ml Wine, White, Dry, Average
- 1 Cube/7g Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Average
- 6 Pieces/40g Tomatoes, Sun Dried, Average
- 2 Tbsps/7.6g Parsley, Fresh, Average
- 25g Cheese, Parmesan, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 100g Spinach, Raw, Average
Method1. Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the rice to coat with the onion and mushroom mixture. Pour in the wine and cook over a moderate heat for about 3 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the wine is absorbed. Make up the stock to 500ml.
3. Reduce to a gentle heat. Add the tomatoes and 125ml/ 4fl oz of the stock and cook for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Pour in a further 125ml/4fl oz stock and continue cooking until absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock, until it is all absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
4. Stir in the parsley and half the parmesan. Season to taste. Scatter the spinach over the risotto. Cover and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until the spinach has just wilted. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining parmesan.
|Fruit & Veg||3.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!