Skinny Coleslaw Recipe
By the wlr team
If you love coleslaw as an addition to some of your meals but you’re worried about the calories, fear not! This skinny coleslaw recipe is the answer to your worries! At only 95 calories per serving, this quick and easy method will have you enjoying coleslaw without the worry.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 95
- 300g white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- ½ medium onion
- 20g mayonnaise
- 120g low fat plain yoghurt
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- You'll need to start with a cabbage weighing about a pound/450g to get 300g for the coleslaw.
- Remove any discoloured or limp outer leaves from the cabbage then cut into quarters. Cut out the stalk and the very thick part of the cabbage leaves near the stalk. Finely shred the cabbage leaves and put into a large bowl.
- Grate the carrots, finely slice the onion and combine both with cabbage.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon juice and salt and pepper, and pour over the vegetables.
- Stir in until the vegetables are well coated.
The coleslaw can be kept in the fridge for a few hours until ready to serve, stir well before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||1.9|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!