Roast Vegetable Platter Recipe
A great side addition to any meal, this vegetable platter is easy to make and only 198 calories! Whatever you’re serving the vegetable platter with, make sure to add the extra calories to your food diary!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 198
- 454g white potatoes
- 1lb/454g parsnip
- 300g carrots
- 500g courgette
- 1 Tsp/5g table salt
- 350g baby onions
- 2 Tbsps/30ml sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6
- Peel & cut potatoes & parsnips into 4-6 pieces. Peel & quarter the carrots. Cut courgettes into chunks.
- Put the potatoes, parsnips and carrots into a saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain. Cook the onions in a separate pan of boiling water for 8 minutes, until soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking put oil in a roasting tin and heat in the oven until very hot.
- Add all of the drained vegetables, coat well in the hot oil. Drain off the excess and continue to cook for 30 minutes, turn the vegetables and baste.
- Add the courgettes, coating well in the oil. Continue to cook for a further 15-20 minutes until brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!