Roast Root Crumble Recipe
Try out this savory crumble packed full of hearty ingredients that your family and friends are sure to enjoy! Serve up with steamed veg or a crispy salad with low fat dressing, if you have the calories spare of course!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 320
- 3 Carrots/225g Carrots, Whole, Raw, Peeled, Average
- 200g Beetroot, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 2 Med/500g Potatoes, Baking, Raw, Average
- 2 Servings/160g Celeriac, Raw, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 25g Honey, Clear, Runny, Sainsbury's
- 10g Butter, Spreadable, Irish, Kerrygold
- 10g Flour, Plain, Average
- 1 Serving/200ml Milk, Whole, Average
- 1 Slice/40g Bread, Malted Grain, Thick Sliced, Brace's
- 40g Cheese, Parmesan, Average
- 10g Mustard, Whole Grain, Average
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6
Peel and chop the carrots into chunks
Peel and chop the beetroot into chunks
Peel and chop the potatoes into chunks
Peel and chop the celeriac into chunks
Take the prepared vegetables and put into a baking dish. Mix up the honey, oil and some wholegrain mustard with a drop of balsamic vinegar and pour over the veg and stir to coat.
Roast at in the oven for about 40 mins until veg are soft.
While they are cooking make a sauce with the flour, butter and milk.
Turn the bread into crumbs, grate the parmesan and mix together.
Take the veg out of the oven; pour over the sauce, top with the cheesy crumbs. Return to the oven until the crumbs are brown and crispy.
Eat with steamed veg or green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||1.9|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!