Parsnip Duchesse Potatoes Recipe
By the wlr team
For a little addition try out this parsnip recipe that can be served with meats and veg, or anything you fancy! As they’re so low calorie and low fat they’re a great extra to add onto a variety of meals.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 181
- 750g Parsnip, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 750g Potatoes, White, Raw, Weighed with Skin, Flesh Only, Average
- 1g Nutmeg, Ground, Average
- 55.8g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- ½ Tsp/2.5g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
Pre heat oven to 400F/200C/gas mark 6.
Peel the potatoes and parsnips cut into chunks for boiling.
Prepare a greased baking tray
1. Cook the parsnips and potatoes in separate pans of salted boiling water for about 20 minutes until tender.
2. Drain well, then mash together. Beat until smooth, and then rub through a sieve.
3. Turn the mixture into a bowl, season well with salt and pepper and beat in the nutmeg and egg.
3. Spoon the vegetable mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe large whirls of the mixture on to a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, 200C gas mark 6, for about 25 minutes until lightly browned. Serve hot.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!