Moroccan Tomato Cous Cous Recipe
By the wlr team
Try this Moroccan inspired couscous as part of a salad or make it part of a meal with some sautéed veg or cooked, spiced meat for a quick, low calorie dinner.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 331
- 200g dry cous cous
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 juiced lemon
- 20g fresh mint
- 50g pine nuts
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Prepare the cous cous according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Halve or quarter the tomatoes depending on preference.
- Place the tomatoes pieces cut side up onto a baking tray. Spread the harissa over the tomato.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until just softened but still holding their shape.
- Meanwhile, toss the prepared cous cous with the olive oil, lemon juice and mint. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Spoon the cous cous onto four plates and top each serving with roasted tomato pieces. Scatter over the pine nuts.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!