Medley Of Vegetables Recipe
This medley of vegetables can be added to a variety of meals like chicken or sausages with mash but you’ve got to add the extra’s to your food diary remember! This recipe is low calorie and full of different textures and flavors.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 196
- 180g Potatoes, White, Raw, Weighed with Skin, Flesh Only, Average
- 50g Onions, Red, Raw, Average
- 200g Fennel, Florence, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 144g Carrots, Whole, Raw, Peeled, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 60ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Vinegar, Wine, White, Heinz
- 1 Tsp/6g Mustard, Dijon, Frank Cooper
- 2 Tsps/12g Honey, Pure, Clear, Chivers
- 1oz/28g Chives, Fresh, Average
Method1. Peel then cut into thin strips the potatoes, onions and fennel bulb. Peel and grate the carrots. Peel the garlic, finely chopping one clove and crushing the other.
2. Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a pan, add the potato, fennel strips and chopped garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until beginning to brown. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
3. Arrange carrot, red onion, potato and fennel in separate piles on a serving dish.
4. Mix 2 tbsps olive oil with the wine vinegar, mustard, honey and crushed clove of garlic then pour this over the vegetables.
5. You can garnish by sprinkling chopped chives on top.
|Fruit & Veg||1.3|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!