Comfort Cabbage Mash Recipe
For some real hearty comfort food try out this quick and easy, low calorie recipe for cabbage mash! Great served as a bit of a change to a roast dinner, or with bangers and mash!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 218
- 10g Spread, Light, New, Now Tastier, 87% Less Saturated Fat Than Butter, Flora
- 3 Rashers/75g Bacon, Back, Smoked, Average
- 1 Sm Onion/90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 6oz/168g Cabbage, Raw, Average
- 6oz/168g Potatoes, Old, Flesh Only
- 1fl oz/30ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
Method1. Prepare potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes
2. In a separate pan boil the cabbage for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, dryfry the bacon and onion.
4. Mash the potatoes and add milk and butter, then add the cabbage and the bacon and onion mixture.
Serve with low fat sausages, or on its own.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!