Coleslaw In Vinaigrette Recipe
Try out this recipe and enjoy your own homemade, low calorie coleslaw with a variety of salads and sandwiches! Very low in fat, this coleslaw would make the perfect addition to any meal.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 46
- 144g carrots
- 100g red onion
- 300g white cabbage
- 10g white sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 100ml fat free vinaigrette
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel the carrots and grate them into your preferred size.
- Peel and finely shred the onion. Mix into the carrot.
- Rinse and finely shred or grate the white cabbage and mix that in too.
- Add a couple of tablespoonfuls of boiling water to the sugar and mustard, and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- After it's cooled a little, add it to the vinaigrette and mix it in, then pour the whole lot over the veg and toss it all together thoroughly, making sure everything is thoroughly coated.
- Cover in clingfilm and allow to stand for at least an hour, to let the flavours mingle.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!