Chickpea and Seitan Burger Recipe
By the wlr team
Seitan is the newest big thing on the veggie scene. With this low calorie recipe you can try it for yourself. Serve up with some burger buns and some sweet BBQ sauce.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 129
- 240g canned chick peas
- 250g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 110g gluten powder
- 100ml water
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Mash chick peas until there are no whole ones left. Wipe and finely chop the mushrooms.
- Mix the mushrooms with the chick peas.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli powder.
- Add gluten powder and mix well.
- Add water and knead mixture for 1 minute.
- Form 8 patties and bake on a baking tray for 30 minutes
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!