Cauliflower Pilaf Recipe
By the wlr team
Cauliflower pilaf is a perfect side to any Indian dish, or add some extras to this recipe to make it a complete meal. This recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and is low in calories and fat.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 16 mins
- Calories: 159
- 1 small onion
- 450g cauliflower
- 6 tsp bouillon powder
- 375ml water
- 9.9ml vegetable oil
- 250g white basmati rice
- 30g mild curry paste
- 1 tbsp dried bay leaves
- ¼ cinnamon stick
- 400g canned lentils
- 10g fresh coriander leaves
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and dice the onion, break the cauliflower into florets. Make up the stock with the water.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cauliflower and rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add stock, bay leaves and a small piece of cinnamon stick, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes until rice is cooked and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork, stir in lentils and heat through for 1 minute. Sprinkle over coriander.
Serve with chutney if desired.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!