Bean and Veggie Chilli - Gluten Free Recipe
There’s nothing better than a lovely hot chilli with some fluffy rice for dinner and with this recipe you can enjoy a hearty chillie for less than 260 calories! Full to the brim of flavor, you’ll want to make more to save for the rest of the week!
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 256
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 1 Tsp/1g Oregano, Dried,
- 2 Med/360g Onions, Raw, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Cumin, Ground, Average
- 3 Tsps/12g Chilli Powder, Average
- ½ Tsp/1.5g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- 1 Pepper/14g Peppers, Jalapeno, Raw
- 3 Cloves/9g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 2 Med/320g Peppers, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 450g Beans, Black, Cooked, Average
- 3 Cubes Made Up/1350ml Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Made Up, Knorr
- 200g Tomato Paste, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Average
- 2 Cans/480g Beans, Kidney, Red, Canned, Drained, Average
- 4 Tbsps/24g Chives, Fresh, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15g Sauce, Hot Pepper
- 3 Courgettes/672g Courgette, Raw, Average
- 3 Stalks/120g Celery, Raw, Trimmed, Average
MethodWho doesn't love a bowl of piping hot chili? Your gut will love you for this chili's microbiome-friendly ingredients. So yummy!
Knorr stock cubes are gluten free, if using an alternative brand check to make sure they are gluten free.
1. Prepare all vegetables. Peel onion and chop finely. Core and seed jalapeno pepper and chop finely. Core and seed peppers and dice. Dice courgettes. Slice celery. Chop chives. Set all aside.
2. Drain and rinse beans.
3. Gather all other spices (oil, spices, tomato paste, stock, and chives).
4. In a large stockpot, heat 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute. Once the onions begin to sweat, add the oregano, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until softened. Add the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil, courgettes, peppers, celery, beans, tomatoes, 1 litre of stock (using 2 of the stock cubes), hot sauce, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until all vegetables are soft. If using dried beans, make sure beans are also soft. Add more stock if needed as it evaporates.
5. Serve hot and top each bowl with chives. Enjoy!
6. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
|Fruit & Veg||3.6|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!