Baba Ganoush Recipe
By the wlr team
Baba Ganoush is a great Middle Eastern dip that’s punchy in flavour and just plain delicious. This low calorie version uses yoghurt to cut through the bitterness of the other flavours and create a creamy, delightful dip!
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 47
- 700g aubergine
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- ¼ tsp ground cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 56g plain low fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Stab the aubergines with a fork and grill them, turning occasionally, until the skin blisters and blackens all over.
- When cool, peel off the skin. Leave the aubergine flesh in a colander for 15 minutes to drain off excess liquid.
- Pound the garlic and salt until smooth with a pestle and mortar.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Add the aubergine flesh, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, pepper and yoghurt, if using. Whiz to a thick puree.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Veg Dishes
You'll find hundreds more recipes for vegetables in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourites, give it a try!