Genovese Spinach & Tomato Pesto Gnocchi
By the wlr team
Delicious Italian gnocchi dish that's quick and easy, on your table in 20 mins. Vegetarian, easily adaptable to vegan, it's a fresh and tasty evening meal for only 442 calories.
Suitable for Vegetarians
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 442
- 150g potato gnocchi
- ½ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 45g baby spinach
- 10 sprays sunflower oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp green pesto
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Boil the gnocchi until its almost cooked, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile finely chop the onion and garlic, roughly chop the spinach.
- In a large pan heat the spray oil and add the onion. Cook slowly until it softens, add in the cherry tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the gnocchi to the pan along with the olive oil, garlic, and pesto, season to taste. Mix thoroughly and let sit for a few minutes so that the gnocchi starts to fry on one side.
- Grate in most of the cheese, reserving a little for garnish. Add in the spinach and stir so that the spinach wilts.
- Grate the rest of the cheese on top and serve.
*To make this vegan use a free from pesto and non dairy parmesan.
If Italian cuisine is one of your go-to quick to make dinner choices, we've got some delicious meditteranean veggie pasta recipes - all calorie counted with full instructions:
- Roasted Meditteranean Vegetable Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Carbonara
- Spicy Spaghetti al Arrabiata
- Mediterranean Ricotta and Aubergine Spaghetti
Looking for more great tasting, simple to make vegetarian dishes? Check out our Calorie Counted Dishes for a Vegetarian Diet.
Want to follow a calorie controlled diet but not sure how to get started? We have a Mix and Match Vegetarian Diet Plan to help... each day comes in at 1100 - 1200 calories per day, and the meals are all easy to make with ingredients you can buy in any supermarket.
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!