Simple Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
By the wlr team
Try this vegan spaghetti bolognese for your meatless monday next week. It can be made in around 35 minutes and is under 500 calories.
Suitable for Vegans
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 482
- ½ small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 80g mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp basil, dried
- 150g vegetarian mince
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 150g spaghetti
- 10g parmesan cheese alternative
- Peel and finely dice the carrot, onion and mushrooms. Peel and crush the garlic. Thinly slice the celery.
- In a large saucepan heat the oil on a medium heat, add the onion, carrot and celery and saute for a few minutes. Once softened, add the garlic, mushrooms and herbs, continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the mince and cook, stirring gently until browned.
- Stir in the tomato puree first and then add the canned tomatoes and season. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions. Add to the sauce just before serving and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with vegan parmesan alternative.
|Fruit & Veg||4.4|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!