Rustic Baked Ratatouille
By the wlr team
This vegan ratatouille is jam packed full of veggies, high in fibre and low in fat. Pairs well with a piece of your favourite crusty bread, if you have the calories to spare!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 364
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1 yellow squash
- 1½ red peppers
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 20 sprays sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 100g couscous
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Cut all of the vegetables into equal thin slices.
- In a large oven proof dish pour the chopped tomatoes and stir around to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Finely chop the garlic and chilli.
- Arrange alternating slices of aubergine, courgette, yellow squash, and red pepper around the edge of the dish working your way into the middle of the dish. Sprinkle pieces of chilli and garlic in between occasional vegetable slices.
- Spray the vegetables with the oil, season with salt and pepper, cover with greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking prepare the couscous. Garnish the ratatouille with parsley before serving.
*If you can't find yellow squash you can use normal courgette instead.
|Fruit & Veg||11.2|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!