Roasted Tomato & Butternut Bulgur Wheat
By the wlr team
This bowl of roast veggies and bulgur wheat is low calorie, vegan and quick and easy to make!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 386
- 120g butternut squash
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60g bulgur wheat
- 1 stock cube
- 120ml water (for stock)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and chop the butternut and tomatoes into small chunks. Place on a roasting tray with the whole garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast in the oven until butternut is soft and tomatoes have split.
- Meanwhile place the bulgur in a small saucepan. Boil the kettle and make up 120ml vegetable stock, pour the boiling stock over the bulgur wheat and stir.
- Place over a low heat to gently simmer until the stock has been absorbed. When absorbed taste the bulgur and if it's soft remove from the heat and leave the lid on.
- Take the roasted veggies out of the oven, remove the garlic cloves and squeeze them into the bulgur wheat. Add in the butternut, tomatoes and any remaining juices from the roasting pan, stir everything together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with chopped parsley.
|Fruit & Veg||3.4|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!