Roasted Tomato & Butternut Bulgur Wheat
By the wlr team
This simple, packed with flavour one bowl meal is only 386 calories per portion. A fantastic go-to lunch or dinner when you're pushed for time.
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 386
- 120g butternut squash
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60g bulgur wheat
- 1 stock cube
- 120ml water (for stock)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and chop the butternut and tomatoes into small chunks. Place on a roasting tray with the whole garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast in the oven until butternut is soft and tomatoes have split.
- Meanwhile place the bulgur in a small saucepan. Boil the kettle and make up 120ml vegetable stock, pour the boiling stock over the bulgur wheat and stir.
- Place over a low heat to gently simmer until the stock has been absorbed. When absorbed taste the bulgur and if it's soft remove from the heat and leave the lid on.
- Take the roasted veggies out of the oven, remove the garlic cloves and squeeze them into the bulgur wheat. Add in the butternut, tomatoes and any remaining juices from the roasting pan, stir everything together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with chopped parsley.
Looking for more great tasting, simple to make vegan dishes? Check out our Calorie Counted Dishes for a vegan diet.
Want to follow a calorie controlled diet but not sure how to get started? We have a 7-Day Vegan Diet Plan to help... each day comes in at 1100 - 1200 calories per day, and the meals are all easy to make with ingredients you can buy in any supermarket.
|Fruit & Veg||3.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegans
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegan dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!