Mexican Butternut Pilaf
By the wlr team
This Mexican pilaf is a great main coming in at under 500 cals. Or split into 4 and serve as a side with your favourite Mexican dish!
Suitable for Vegans
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 474
- ½ butternut squash
- 15 sprays sunflower oil
- 120g basmati rice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can haricot beans, drained
- 20g fajita seasoning
- 50ml water
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Peel and deseed the butternut squash, dice into bite size chunks. Lay on a baking tray and spray with half the oil and roast until soft (about 15-20 minutes)
- Prepare the rice according to packet instructions. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- In a large pan heat the rest of the oil over a medium heat, add in the beans and garlic, fry for a few minutes until fragrant. Add in the roasted squash and the fajita seasoning and stir well to combine. Add a little water to stop it sticking and create a bit of sauce.
- Next add in the cooked rice and stir in the beans, mix through the coriander leaves and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||4.2|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!