Lentil Stuffed Potato Skins
By the wlr team
Baked potatoes stuffed with a protein packed lentil mix. Low fat and high fibre, this comforting dinner is always a winner.
Suitable for Vegans and Vegans
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 425
- 2 baking potatoes
- 20 sprays sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 small onion
- ½ small carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 80g red lentils
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 30g rocket, fresh
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Stab the potatoes with a fork and spray each with 5 sprays oil, sprinkle over a little salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven on 200C for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile finely dice the onion, carrot and garlic. Heat the remaining oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until they begin to soften. Add in the carrot and stir cooking for a few more minutes. Add in the rosemary, thyme and red lentils, season and stir to mix.
- Pour in the tomatoes and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer while the potatoes are cooking. Check after 15 minutes and add a little water if necessary.
- When the potatoes have cooked for 45 minutes, cut off the top of them and scoop out most of the flesh leaving a layer supporting the skin of the potato. Roughly mash this scooped out potato.
- Mix this potato into the lentil mixture and then spoon it into the potato shell, bake for another 15 minutes and serve with fresh rocket.
If you're a lentil fan, take a look at another wlr favourite recipe... our Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup comes in at only 161 calories per portion.
Looking for more great tasting, simple to make vegan dishes? Check out our Calorie Counted Dishes for a Vegan Diet.
Want to follow a calorie controlled diet but not sure how to get started? We have a 7-Day Vegan Diet Plan to help... each day comes in at 1100 - 1200 calories per day, and the meals are all easy to make with ingredients you can buy in any supermarket.
|Fruit & Veg||3.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegans
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegan dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!