Hearty Minestrone Soup
By the wlr team
A wholesome and filling Italian classic in under 45 minutes - Easy to make, and works as a great lunch or dinner, perfect! Multiply up the ingredients to batch cook for easy lunches throughout the week.
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 331
- ½ small carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 50g green beans
- ½ red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stock cube
- 500ml water (for stock)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp oregano, dried
- ¼ basil, dried
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 50g peas
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the carrot and celery into small chunks. Roughly chop the green beans and red peppers, dice the onion and finely chop the garlic. Make up the stock.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add in the celery, carrot, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, canned tomatoes, dried herbs and 500ml of stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add in the green beans, red peppers, cannellini beans and cook for another 10 minutes until the veggies have softened. Add the peas in for the last 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve sprinkled with parmesan or vegan parmesan alternative.
Soups are a great way to fill yourself up with nutritional goodness while following a calorie controlled diet - check out some of WLR's absolute favourite soup recipes:
- Another super quick and flavoursome low calorie recipe - Broccoli and Courgette Soup
- This vibrant and creamy soup recipe comes together in less than an hour - Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup
- With four of your 5-a-day, this classic soup recipe is tasty and warming - Carrot and Coriander Soup
Looking for even more soup inspiration? Take a look at our calorie counted 'Soups and Broths' and choose your recipe by calories per serving.
|Fruit & Veg||7.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!