Fig & Walnut Loaf Cake
By the wlr team
Warm up this autumn with a slice of spiced fig and walnut loaf cake and a mug of something hot!
Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 12 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 286
- 75g figs, dried
- 100g walnut, halves
- 200g spread, low fat
- 200g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 30g fig jam
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Chop the figs and walnuts into small pieces.
- Beat together the spread and brown sugar until soft and creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time until the batter has doubled in volume.
- Add in the fig jam and mix it well.
- Sift in the self raising flour and spices and fold together until almost completely combined. Add in the dried figs and walnuts. Keep folding just until the flour is fully mixed in and the figs and walnuts are evenly dispersed.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Snacks
You'll find many more recipes for sweet and savoury snacks in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own scrummy snacks, give it a try!