Easy Hoisin Tofu Stir Fry
By the wlr team
Ditch the meat for this super quick, super tasty tofu stir fry. With over 17g of protein this Asian inspired delight will fill you up and make sure you're getting the nutrients your body needs.
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 415
- 100g brown rice
- 125g tofu, firm
- 10 sprays sunflower oil
- 1 pouch hoisin sauce
- ½ small carrot
- 6 asparagus spears
- 3 spring onions
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Place the brown rice into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and boil until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile chop the tofu into cubes. In a non stick pan spray with oil and fry the tofu. Once golden on one side keep turning until tofu is golden brown on every side.
- Once tofu is fried on each side pour over the hoisin sauce and stir until all pieces are coated, leave on a low heat.
- Meanwhile grate the carrot and slice the asparagus and spring onion.
- Add the asparagus, spring onion and carrot into to pan with the tofu and toss. Fry for a few minutes until vibrant.
- Drain the cooked rice and serve with tofu and vegetable mix.
You can use any veggies you have in if you don't have the ones in the recipe - red onion, peppers, broccoli, green beans, mange tout and savoy cabbage all work well.
Looking for more great tasting, simple to make vegan dishes? Check out our Calorie Counted Dishes for a Vegan Diet.
Want to follow a calorie controlled diet but not sure how to get started? We have a 7-Day Vegan Diet Plan to help... each day comes in at 1100 - 1200 calories per day, and the meals are all easy to make with ingredients you can buy in any supermarket.
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegans
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegan dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!