Creamy Mushroom Carbonara
By the wlr team
A rich and creamy Mushroom Carbonara - this recipe is the perfect low calorie meat-free dinner. On your plate in 20 minutes and less than 380 calories.
Suitable for Vegetarians
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 379
- 70g spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove
- 80g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh
- 10 sprays sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp single cream
- 1 pinch black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Place the spaghetti into a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Cook until al dente.
- Peel and chop the garlic and quarter the mushrooms. Finely chop the parsley.
- Spray the oil into a seperate frying pan and cook the mushrooms. Toss the garlic in with the mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms are cooked through and the garlic is fragrant. Stir in the chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg with cream and pepper. Drain the spaghetti and add the mushrooms to the cooked pasta, stir to mix. Pour in the egg mixture while stirring. Keep stirring until everything is coated and creamy.
If pasta is one of your go-to quick to make meals, we've got some delicious meditteranean veggie pasta recipes - all calorie counted with full instructions:
- Roasted Meditteranean Vegetable Pasta
- Low Fat Musroom and Broccoli Pasta Bake
- Spicy Spaghetti al Arrabiata
Can pasta be part of a healthy diet for weight loss? WLR's Trudi checks out the health benefits of pasta...
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!