Chickpea & Sweet Potato Curry
By the wlr team
With just a few simple ingredients, make yourself this delicious, warming veggie curry in less than an hour - it's high in fibre (which is great for your gut health) and has all of your 5-a-day and then some! Multiply up the ingredients for a perfect recipe to batch cook.
Suitable for Vegetarians
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 549
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large sweet potato
- 10 sprays sunflower oil
- 30g madras curry paste
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 naan bread, mini
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp yoghurt, natural, low fat
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic. Peel and chop the sweet potato into chunks. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan on a medium heat, add onions and fry slowly stirring frequently. When softened add the garlic, keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Add the curry paste and stir to coat. Cook for a few minutes so that the paste loosens up a bit, then add in the chickpeas and sweet potato and stir. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and cover, reduce to a gentle simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Warm the naan bread in the oven or grill. Roughly chop the coriander and mix with the yoghurt in a small dish, serve with the curry and naan bread.
*Add a little water as necessary for the sauce to suit your preferences.
No sweet potato in the veg rack? Substitute with butternut squash or even pumpkin - both equally as yummy in this curry dish.
If curry is one of your dinner favourites, we've got some delicious veggie dishes with a bit of spice - all calorie counted with full instructions...
Looking to eat less meat? Whether you're new to it, or a veteran veggie aiming to lose a little weight, our 'Eat Less Meat' 7-Day diet plan can help - follow the plan or mix and match meals for a bit of veg filled inspiration.
|Fruit & Veg||6.8|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!